First some trivia: did you know that:
- 2.7 billion people globally have limited access to drinking water?
- 780 million people globally lack clean drink water permanently?
- 3.5 million people die every year as a consequence?
- Interfood's high quality milk powders need clean water to guarantee that perfect end product?
Therefore Interfood Holding signed a long term commitment with Made Blue
in Q2 2015:
- Made Blue will build a deep water well in Western Africa (we are currently investigating a possible village in Senegal for feasibility) that is fully sponsored by Interfood.
- During 5 years, Interfood will sponsor an annual amount that is equal to the water needed to dissolve our annual product volumes in Western Africa.
- This amount will provide a deep well + reservoir with 4 tap points that will provide structural certified drinking water for about 5.000 people for a period of 20 years.
The Interfood board is excited and proud to announce this partnership as we feel Interfood has a social responsibility towards our planet. And this project meets our corporate goals the best:
- Water and dairy are the source of life.
- We have an office in West Africa which is also an important upcoming market for us.
- Water management has always been an important Dutch asset and becomes more and more important for the future of our planet.
- Our line of business, agriculture and transport, are important consumers of water and this way we can give something back.
We will keep you posted about the progress of the project on a regular basis and can't wait to see our Interfood deep well in progress.