The dairy derivatives markets are developing rapidly. Our derivatives team scouts for the best opportunities to mitigate price risk, analyze market information and guide the position holders on taking positions. Their expertise enables Interfood to add value to our clients to limit their direct price exposure in the dairy commodity market. The Derivative Analyst has a leading role in maintaining the integrity of the derivatives position and the accompanying position limits. This role, supported by our derivatives accountant, ensures that the underlying administrative processes are in place as well as proper matching, settlement and accounting. The interaction with the traders and the brokers will put your communicative skills to the test.
In this role you will report to the Business Financial Controller and will be involved in the financial control procedures enabling the monthly close, audit assistance and integrity of our financials.
As our new Derivatives Analyst you:
- create and maintain accurate reporting of the dairy derivatives transactions.
- coordinate and review the procedures performed by the derivatives team.
- reconcile daily & monthly broker statements.
- manage margin calls/excess cash related to derivatives.
- prepare monthly journals for derivatives accounting.
- ensure compliance with hedge documentation and prepare hedge effectiveness testing.
- work with the JDE project team to improve the reporting capabilities of Tableau/JDE.
- monitor suspense accounts.
- execute an adequate and timely month end close / annual close.
- support the Financial Controller in preparation for the external audit and the financial statements.
- develop, prepare and update internal and external reporting.
- support the derivatives traders and the financial and business control team in the day-to-day operations.
Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Strong numerical skills and excellent with Excel.
Knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
Knowledge of SQL, R, Python is a plus.
Good language and communication skills (Spanish and English), both verbally and written.
Assertive, committed, independent, proactive, critical, able to deal with deadlines and with a strong attention to detail.
- Competitive compensation and benefits. Salary depends on your experience and education.
- Total health insurance coverage.
- A family-like, team-oriented working environment within a young and dynamic team.
- Free parking.
- Free gym membership at Synergia Life.
- Participate in fun team activities.
Do you like to work for an international company? Do you value professionality and quality? Are you comfortable in a dynamic environment? But on the other hand looking for cooperation in a close and informal team? Then Interfood is the ideal employer for you.
The Interfood Group is a leading global dairy trading company (milk powders, butter, cheese, dairy blends etc.). The Group consists of 14 offices in all continents with more than 350 employees. Our constant strive for optimal quality, up-to-date knowledge and a profound focus on service, enables Interfood to create the difference for its robust network of both clients and suppliers.
Interfood keeps on growing and developing by its proactive market approach.
We stimulate personal development and initiatives from our employees. Interfood, originally a family-based company, proves that global professionalism can still be combined with a unique personal company culture, in which we focus on following values: Teamwork, Commitment, Continuous Improvement, Professionalism & Responsible Leadership. All contributing to our purpose: Together for better.
Will you become our new team member?
*Candidates listed in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the requirements and are qualified for the position described in line with Law Number 19.691 are also included in this job offering.