Interfood is excited to expand the commercial team as a result of recent growth and to sustain and further grow our success. As a member of the commercial trade team and in close cooperation with technical service and logistics, you are responsible for achieving margins and quantities for the assigned customers and markets as set out in the sales budget. As Junior Trader in a trade-driven organization, you will contribute to optimize technical relationships with suppliers and customers and develop business opportunities with these partners, products and/or applications. Within Interfood, you are responsible for buying and selling products taking into account the commercial strategy.
As your new Junior Trader you:
- Maintain existing customer/supplier relationships.
- Create new business opportunities in the assigned market areas.
- Identify and monitor market and product developments and periodically report this to the Managing Director and Commercial Director.
- Position Interfood as a global dairy expert.
- Follow the policy position in consultation with Sr. Traders and Traders.
- Draft purchase and sales contracts using correct INCO-terms and payment terms.
- Visit customers and suppliers in the assigned market areas and attend international trade fairs.
- Participate in the weekly Traders Meeting.
- Set the annual personal goals with respect to markets, customers and suppliers.
Entrepreneurship is something which is highly encouraged within Interfood. I enjoy the process of building something on my own, this can be a new customer relationship or a new business case. We are a very lean organisation and that encourages sharing of ideas freely & openly, something which I appreciate a lot. Besides that, we are also a family-owned dairy company – the culture of family is strong at Interfood. Work aside we spend a lot of time on fun activities, with beers, poker, go-karting, or just enjoying the company of each other.
What do you expect from your new colleague?
Driven, Ambitious, being Entrepreneurial & Creative. He/She should also have the courage to step up to challenges and handle ambiguity. There are many unexpected situations that occur day to day in trading. A trader sees this situation as obstacles, but a good trader sees these situations as new opportunities.
What do you do in your spare time?
Sports, drinks, poker, the normal stuff that people do to take their mind off work. Basketball on weekdays, drinks on Friday nights and catching Tottenham Hotspur on weekends.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- We value your personal development and have a strategic focus on our learning program.
- 40 hour work week, 20 days of Annual Leave.
- Join the Interfood Academy in the Netherlands (Holland)
- Participate in fun team activities.
Do you like to work for an international company? Do you value professionality and quality? Are you comfortable in a dynamic environment? But on the other hand looking for cooperation in a close and informal team? Then Interfood is the ideal employer for you.
The Interfood Group is a leading global dairy trading company (milk powders, butter, cheese, dairy blends etc.). The Group consists of 14 offices in all continents with more than 350 employees. Our constant strive for optimal quality, up-to-date knowledge and a profound focus on service, enables Interfood to create the difference for its robust network of both clients and suppliers.
Interfood keeps on growing and developing by its proactive market approach.
We stimulate personal development and initiatives from our employees. Interfood, originally a family-based company, proves that global professionalism can still be combined with a unique personal company culture, in which we focus on following values: Teamwork, Commitment, Continuous Improvement, Professionalism & Responsible Leadership. All contributing to our purpose: Together for better.