Interfood Singapore is looking for a Senior Trader to join the commercial team. The Senior Trader is accountable for managing a customer and/or supplier base, identifying new businesses and opportunities and managing or developing these relationships into (more) profitable accounts. A Senior Trader is expected to have a significant impact on the business through managing key accounts, having strong market insights and supporting our more junior Traders in becoming more successful. In this role you will directly report to the Commercial Director APAC.
As our new Senior Trader you are responsible for 4 main focus areas; Position Management, Leadership, Business Development & Relationship Management, and General Commercial.
- Creates clear regional market vision based on internal and external market info within the business unit.
- If position holder role applies, responsible for accurate position reporting.
- Actively manages a product position or has a direct influence on, and input in, determining and managing positions.
- Pro-actively initiates actions to optimize the positions.
- Drives strategic direction of a position, by focusing on the right PMCs, and strategic supply alliances that contribute to our value propositions (e.g. hedgeable strategies, sustainability, etc.).
- Attends Position Committee upon request and represent, in cooperation with product position holders, the BU market view and position targets.
- Actively provides market insights during the weekly traders meeting on Hub level and challenges the direction initiated by the
- Sparring partner for Business Unit Leader and Commercial Director for setting strategic direction.
- Resolves operational issues on the trade floor.
- Positively influences juniors + traders and helps them develop in their growth path, giving the right example in cooperation with other departments.
- Acts as an example for Traders and Junior Traders.
Business Development and Relationship Management:
- Maintains existing and develops new alliances with strategic suppliers and customers.
- Develops and manages strategic themes and strategic relations with customers and suppliers through bringing different disciplines (QA, logistics, finance) together.
- Maintains and builds multi-disciplinary relationships that support the business objectives.
- Identifies market opportunities within customer/supplier scope for him/herself as well as others in the commercial organization.
- Initiates innovative ideas / opportunities / structures.
- Optimizes deals by strong negotiating skills.
- Giving input to relevant counterparts on what is happening with specific accounts, translating that into a market trend.
- Actively resolves non-conformities and other operational challenges. And supports other traders resolving theirs.
- Responsible for accurate entry, proper follow up of contracts and assures an efficient contract flow.
- Actively shares bids, offers, inquiries and confirmed businesses through the intended communication platforms.
Bachelor’s degree holder in a related field (e.g. business studies, finance or commercial economics).
At least 5-8 years of experience in dairy trading commodity markets.
Exceptional data analytical and problem-solving skills.
Proven track record in a similar role and ability to positively influence Traders and Junior Traders.
Demonstrated strong work ethic and team player attributes focused on contribution to the success of the trading desk.
High energy with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- We value your personal development and have a strategic focus on our learning program.
- Participate in fun team activities.
- 40 hour work week, 20 days of Annual Leave.
- Multinational company culture.
- Travel internationally
Do you like to work for an international company? Do you value professionality and quality? Are you comfortable in a dynamic environment? But on the other hand looking for cooperation in a close and informal team? Then Interfood is the ideal employer for you.
The Interfood Group is a leading global dairy trading company (milk powders, butter, cheese, dairy blends etc.). The Group consists of 14 offices in all continents with more than 350 employees. Our constant strive for optimal quality, up-to-date knowledge and a profound focus on service, enables Interfood to create the difference for its robust network of both clients and suppliers.
Interfood keeps on growing and developing by its proactive market approach.
We stimulate personal development and initiatives from our employees. Interfood, originally a family-based company, proves that global professionalism can still be combined with a unique personal company culture, in which we focus on following values: Teamwork, Commitment, Continuous Improvement, Professionalism & Responsible Leadership. All contributing to our purpose: Together for better.