The ice cream industry is undergoing an evolution of innovations, where a wide range of functional ingredients are being used. The source, type and amount of each ingredient in an ice cream formulation and the manufacturing process affect the structure, stability and sensory perception of ice cream.
Ice cream products
In developed countries, the ice-cream market is mainly driven by pleasure seeking and new healthier solutions such as clean label, natural and authentic recipes. In emerging regions, consumption is developing fast thanks to impulse buying.
Ice cream comes in different forms and each kind of ice cream (bulk, soft, Italian-style or extruded ice cream) requires specific functionalities:
- Meltdown delay
- Extrusion capacity
- Shrinkage reduction
- Recipe costs optimisation
- Emulsification properties
We offer a wide range of dairy ingredients for ice cream:
- To intensify taste and creaminess - Buttermilk powders
- To bring milky taste, extrusion capacity and shrinkage resistance – Dairy powders
- To improve organoleptic qualities and texture - Anhydrous milk fat and butter
- To enhance creaminess while reducing recipe costs - Sweet whey powders
- To minimise meltdown delay and maximise creaminess - Whey protein concentrates
If you are interested in the ice cream industry, you may also like these topics:
Quality is the foundation of all business we do. We ensure that that proper quality management systems are in place to ensure food safety standards are met and our processes are continuously assessed and improved.
Furthermore we add value to new business by matching application and product needs. The sourcing of dairy products (e.g. cheese, butter, milk powder and liquids) depends on the applications they are used for and the requirements they bring along. Our food technologists will share their in depth knowledge, creativity, drive for innovation & passion for food science to improve both customer and supplier experience.