Interfood is looking for a Derivatives Trader to join the commercial team in Montevideo, Uruguay. In this role you will be responsible for the local derivatives trading by identifying and executing trades, helping our physical traders in taking positions and developing new OTC style business with our clients and suppliers in the dairy supply chain. In addition, he or she generates new trading ideas for our global proprietary trading book and is keen to utilize data and other information to create (spread trading) algorithms or run an option book. Also important, a derivatives trader must have a solid understanding of the risk associated with derivatives trading.
As our new Derivatives Trader you:
- are responsible for part of the local (dairy) derivatives book for Interfood, including but not limited to options, swaps and other financial products used to manage speculative, hedging, arbitrage strategies and positions.
- contribute to the global proprietary spread trading P&L, by initiating new arbitrage trades or deploy other financial trading strategies.
- have daily contact with brokers and market stakeholders to execute financial trades (futures, options, forwards).
- find ways to further optimize (or increase) the stakeholders (like brokers) Interfood is conducting its Derivatives business with.
- maintain a strong link with the commercial traders and position holders and support them in managing (physical) price risk and positions.
- collaborate with the physical traders to identify opportunities and deliver value added solutions to mitigate dairy price exposure for our clients and suppliers.
- grow into the role of conducting regular on-site meetings with prospects and clients by recommending risk management strategies.
- develop OTC deal-type structures that provide tailor made hedging solutions for our clients on top of existing physical deal flow.
- create presentations and marketing material that explain the value of mismanagement solutions to potential clients and suppliers.
- regularly track and report on the progress made with new client engagements (CTRM).
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Total health insurance coverage.
- Participate in fun team activities.
- 40 hour work week, 20 holidays.
- We value your personal development and have a strategic focus on our learning program.
- Free gym membership at Synergia Life.
Do you like to work for an international company? Do you value professionality and quality? Are you comfortable in a dynamic environment? But on the other hand looking for cooperation in a close and informal team? Then Interfood is the ideal employer for you.
The Interfood Group is a leading global dairy trading company (milk powders, butter, cheese, dairy blends etc.). The Group consists of 14 offices in all continents with more than 350 employees. Our constant strive for optimal quality, up-to-date knowledge and a profound focus on service, enables Interfood to create the difference for its robust network of both clients and suppliers.
Interfood keeps on growing and developing by its proactive market approach.
We stimulate personal development and initiatives from our employees. Interfood, originally a family-based company, proves that global professionalism can still be combined with a unique personal company culture, in which we focus on following values: Teamwork, Commitment, Continuous Improvement, Professionalism & Responsible Leadership. All contributing to our purpose: Together for better.
Will you become our new team member?
Or do you have a question for us?
*Candidates listed in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the requirements and are qualified for the position described in line with Law Number 19.691 are also included in this job offering.