Interfood is looking for a Market Analyst to join our global data & analytics team. This team acts as innovation center on advanced analytics and data science, supporting the strategic agenda set by the board of directors. You will be based in Montevideo (Uruguay) and report to the global Commercial Analytics Manager.
At Interfood we offer physical delivery and financial services on over one million metric tons of dairy products each year, serving leading multinationals and top-quality suppliers. As global data & analytics team we turn billions of datapoints to insights that add value or even drive these services in real-time. In the past we have forecasted market trends, optimal allocations, price volatility and international trade flows. Imagine what we could achieve together in the future.
The focus of this role will be on interacting with the European commercial organization. We challenge you to be a catalyst for change by training your stakeholders and translating global innovations from our data roadmap to value creation in Europe.
- Collect, govern, analyze and present data on economic drivers of global dairy markets.
- Develop a vision on our market that allows you to forecast short-term swings and long-term trends.
- Follow / manage external market research and share insights with the commercial team.
- Perform quantitative / qualitative statistical research in collaboration with data scientists.
- Communicate your genius insights to colleagues and clients through storytelling, preparing presentations and explaining models.
0-2 years of professional experience in commodity trading / FMCG.
MSc degree in Econometrics / Marketing / Finance / Economics.
You thrive in a role where you can present your insights to internal and external customers.
You have strong communication and presentation skills and an excellent command of the English language. Another foreign language is a must.
Knowledge on basic data analysis (statistics, quantitative methods, forecasting) is a must. A more advanced grasp of data science / machine learning is a pre.
Demonstrable experience with Excel and statistical software is a must, some knowledge of scripting languages such as R and Python is a pre.
Prior exposure to data visualization (Tableau, PowerBI) is considered an important pre.
You are allowed to work in Uruguay.
We are looking for candidates that can inspire us through creativity, resourcefulness, and a fresh perspective on making complex things look easy. For instance, you have showcased your passion for (intracultural) communication in prior experience, internships and / or extracurricular activities. Or perhaps you have a great example where your creative mind turned a team effort into a success at a difficult time?
- A global team where we do meaningful work that contributes to our corporate strategy and your development.
- (External) Training from data & analytics gurus and business leaders.
- Competitive base salary and bonus.
- An opportunity to collaborate and travel internationally.
- Young team members and fun activities.
- Free parking
- Gym membership at Synergia Life.
- Total health insurance coverage.
Do you like to work for an international company? Do you value professionality and quality? Are you comfortable in a dynamic environment? But on the other hand looking for cooperation in a close and informal team? Then Interfood is the ideal employer for you.
The Interfood Group is a leading global dairy trading company (milk powders, butter, cheese, dairy blends etc.). The Group consists of 14 offices in all continents with more than 350 employees. Our constant strive for optimal quality, up-to-date knowledge and a profound focus on service, enables Interfood to create the difference for its robust network of both clients and suppliers.
Interfood keeps on growing and developing by its proactive market approach.
We stimulate personal development and initiatives from our employees. Interfood, originally a family-based company, proves that global professionalism can still be combined with a unique personal company culture, in which we focus on following values: Teamwork, Commitment, Continuous Improvement, Professionalism & Responsible Leadership. All contributing to our purpose: Together for better.