Logistics Coordinator US Domestic & Mexico
Within this role you will be part of the Logistics team in Montevideo, Uruguay. In this role you are responsible for the execution and control of the daily operations, including all administrative handling. On a daily basis you are in direct contact with suppliers, carriers and customers. As well as our offices worldwide and of course the various departments within Interfood, such as Trade, Finance & Quality Assurance. You can easily respond to market signals. You like working in an international environment, you are stress resistant and always looking for process improvements.
As your new Logistics Coordinator you:
- Are responsible for truck transportation within the US and crossing to Mexico.
- Monitor detailed (un)loading days and times with suppliers, customers, warehouses and/or logistic service providers.
- Create and exchange all required documents and information for both suppliers, logistic service providers and customers.
- Monitor running loading, transports and unloading and take necessary action(s) in case of deviations/irregularities. And communicate actions with all involved parties.
- Have up-to-date knowledge about road restrictions and regulations.
- Will report to the Logistics Supervisor for the region.
Graduate in Business Administration, Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management or similar.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
Knowledge of MS Office Applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
2 years of experience within logistics and transportation, preferably specialized in trucking within the US and export to Mexico.
Strong attention to detail, with the ability to execute on directions accurately and timely. A self-starter who is able to multitask and prioritize independently.
Experience with JD Edwards or a similar ERP system.
- Day start together with my team
- Progress update with manufacturers, suppliers and warehouses
- Progress update with logistic service providers and customers
- Coordinate end-to-end domestic and MX sales
- Negotiate freight rates to reduce costs
- Customer service such as sending documents and sharing updates
- Document handling for shipments
- Lunch with colleagues
- Control and efficiently coordinate all export shipments
- Provide info to the supply chain assistant
- Perform inventory adjustments and upload invoices in system
- Resolve any operational issues that may arise
- Track all shipments and confirm arrivals
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Competitive compensation and benefits. Salary depends on your experience and education.
- We value your personal development and have a strategic focus on our learning program.
- Total health insurance coverage.
- International career opportunities.
- 40 hour work week, 20 holidays.
- Gym membership at Synergia Life.
- Participate in fun team activities.
Do you like to work for an international company? Do you value professionality and quality? Are you comfortable in a dynamic environment? But on the other hand looking for cooperation in a close and informal team? Then Interfood is the ideal employer for you.
The Interfood Group is a leading global dairy trading company (milk powders, butter, cheese, dairy blends etc.). The Group consists of 14 offices in all continents with more than 350 employees. Our constant strive for optimal quality, up-to-date knowledge and a profound focus on service, enables Interfood to create the difference for its robust network of both clients and suppliers.
Interfood keeps on growing and developing by its proactive market approach.
We stimulate personal development and initiatives from our employees. Interfood, originally a family-based company, proves that global professionalism can still be combined with a unique personal company culture, in which we focus on following values: Teamwork, Commitment, Continuous Improvement, Professionalism & Responsible Leadership. All contributing to our purpose: Together for better.
Will you become our new team member?
*Candidates listed in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the requirements and are qualified for the position described in line with Law Number 19.691 are also included in this job offering.