As Trader you are a member of the commercial trade team whose main goal is to generate income by executing purchase and sales strategies and controlling the risk of our exposure. In collaboration with our technical service and logistic departments, you are responsible for maintaining and developing existing customer and supplier relationships. Furthermore, it will be your responsibility to identify and monitor market and product developments and to create business opportunities with new business partners in the assigned markets. You will be working in a highly dynamic environment within a growing organization with global presence.
If carrying big responsibilities, closing deals, international traveling, well-considered risk taking and working in an highly dynamic environment for a growing company with global presence is music to your ears, this position will fit you like a glove!
As a trader at Interfood you like to:
- Speak daily to customers and suppliers to gather market information, monitor price movement and discover dairy product trends.
- Be involved in internal discussions regarding market directions, market / product trends and positions.
- Close deals. Based on your knowledge and understanding of financial dairy markets and it’s products, the physical market place and thanks to your commercial experience and instinct.
- Develop strategic, long term partnerships with customers and suppliers. Understand their needs and collaborate with other disciplines (Technical, Logistical, Financial) to develop new business opportunities.
- Manage internal processes, like sharing market intel globally and working on intercompany deals to manage global positions.
- Take responsibility in growing the business, reaching your personally set goals and constantly aim for more.
- Travel around the world, visiting customers and suppliers and attending trade fairs.
It is the perfect mix between a professional atmosphere and a family environment. I feel very represented by the core values of the company, maybe because it’s still family owned and I truly believe people are the main asset. It has offices all over the globe which makes the environment very diverse and multinational. Interfood is one of the big players in the food industry and has plans to grow even bigger in the near future.
What do you
expect from your new colleague?
A people person with commercial instincts. Someone with good energy willing to be a team player and look for new opportunities every day.
Why do you like to work for a global enterprise?
A global mindset is key to succeed in today’s world. Interfood provides the horizontality and dynamics needed to trade worldwide. Personally I started working as a Jr Trader in Montevideo’s office and before I completed my first year I was already moving to the Netherlands. I have been living in the Netherlands for 2 years already developing a Traders role for the Spanish and Portuguese markets.
- Competitive compensation and benefits. Salary depends on your experience and education.
- Company car.
- Participate in fun team activities.
- International career opportunities.
- 40 hour work week, 25 holidays.
- We value your personal development and have a strategic focus on our learning program.
- Travel internationally.
Do you like to work for an international company? Do you value professionality and quality? Are you comfortable in a dynamic environment? But on the other hand looking for cooperation in a close and informal team? Then Interfood is the ideal employer for you.
The Interfood Group is a leading global dairy trading company (milk powders, butter, cheese, dairy blends etc.). The Group consists of 14 offices in all continents with more than 350 employees. Our constant strive for optimal quality, up-to-date knowledge and a profound focus on service, enables Interfood to create the difference for its robust network of both clients and suppliers.
Interfood keeps on growing and developing by its proactive market approach.
We stimulate personal development and initiatives from our employees. Interfood, originally a family-based company, proves that global professionalism can still be combined with a unique personal company culture, in which we focus on following values: Teamwork, Commitment, Continuous Improvement, Professionalism & Responsible Leadership. All contributing to our purpose: Together for better.